Monday 28 March 2011

Knitting & Crochet Blogging Week 2011 - Day One: A Tale of Two Yarns


I have so far only ever knitted with double knit yarn and so it is the only type of yarn you will find in my stash.


Fortunately for me, my local wool shop has a nice selection of cheap double knit wool (most are under £2! Which is great for me, as I tend to go a little wild in there...), from bright neon colours (which I am dying to use) to soft baby pastels.

Out of my stash, my favourite wool to knit with has to be my white double knit. It's very soft, which makes it a dream to work with, and it never frays!


My least favourite wool to knit with was probably my bright yellow double knit yarn. Not only do you continue seeing bright yellow after working with it, it also frays quite easily which makes it very simple to accidentally create stitches which shouldn't be there!


The yarn I would love to one day knit with, is Wendy Happy 4ply Capricorn yarn.


I would love to knit myself an iPod Touch sock out of it, I think it would look rather snazzy!

1 thoughts:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...