Wednesday 11 May 2011

WIP Wednesday: Being Lazy


I've been rather lazy this week, in the way of knitting. Normally whenever there is an opportunity to knit, I grasp it with both needles. This week though, I've been taking my precious knitting time and using it on menial things like TV and the Internet. 

Things are going to change though, starting right now. So here we go.

After finishing Katy's Hat, I found myself with a nice sized ball of the meadow green yarn. I sat staring at it for a while before the perfect pattern popped into my head.

Celtic Plait from the book Knitted Mug Hugs (Twenty to Make) - Perfect!

I did have some problems with the straight cable needle I was using, but once I had a couple of rows under my belt it started behaving itself. I was very dubious about how the pattern was going to work out, but after I'd done the first two repeats it was all understood. And you could say I was in love.


Cable is officially my favourite stitch!
Katy, after seeing the mug hug, also fell in love and claimed it as her own. Which I think is a lovely compliment. 

My second WIP is another gift, this time though for my niece Tilly. I've decided to make her a gift bag, full of things a 3 year old will love and need. 

After frogging the Cable Project Bag I was knitting (due to me using DK instead of Aran, and the fact I didn't like the colour) I found myself with 2 skeins of Wisteria Double Knit Special . So after flicking through my Knitty Gritty: Knitting For The Absolute Beginner book I decided to cast on the Zig-Zag Scarf.  (Before doing this I did cast on for my Mum's mittens, but when I was 3/4 through one I realised I was using DK instead of Aran, so the mittens weren't warm, so I had to frog it) 

It is an incredibly simple scarf, so I'm knitting it up quite quickly. And the colour reminds me of grapes. Yum.



I've done 63cm of the required 80, so I think I'll get it finished today :) 

That's my post for today, so go and check out the rest of the wonderful WIP Wednesday posts! 

19 thoughts:

  1. Hey Charlie :) my mug hugs looking good thanks xx the one I'm doin isn't tho :( I think I might frog it :( xxxxx love ur blog xxx sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cables are quite lovely! Love the zig-zag scarf and it's almost done - woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cables and the colour. Really nice!

    I haven't tried cables yet, but I think that a mug hug is a great size piece to try... might add that to the Xmas knitting list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mug Hugs...I've got to make some, I love the idea, and your cables look awesome. Way over my head/skills at this point but am enjoying seeing your work.

    Love seeing your zig zag scarf. Been wanting to make one and in fact saved the pattern somewhere here on my computer. So seeing your's is really making me want to knit one.

    You're making great headway with all your projects. Wow
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that colour green! i am abit scared of cables lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the Mug Hug and your Zig Zag scarf is a really pretty colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mug hug is super cute. I love the way cables look. And the scarf looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cables are a lot of fun to do! And they look complicated when really they're not.

    Also, 3 year old me would have died to get that cool scarf. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work on both projects! You'll want to add cables to everything now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cables look great! I love knitting them too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cables look really good!! I remember after my first successful project with cables, I fell in love with them, too! (Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get back to them since then *pout*.)

    I look forward to seeing what you make for your niece. Maybe if I start preparing for my son's 3rd birthday now, I'll have something good for him (in December). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sure doesn't look like you're been lazy! That's a lot of projects that you have going that you've done a lot on! I love the light purple scarf you're making. It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A+ on the stash busting this week! I'm always so impressed by that. Thanks for the inspiration! The mug warmer looks especially cute. I think I might be tempted to keep going and turn it into a cowl or a scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh the zig zag is rad! I need to practice knitting so much~ thanks for the informative post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look fabulous projects. I might have to look at making some mug hugs for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the cables. They are such fun too knit. And we all go through phases were we don't knit. You're mojo already looks like its coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for the warm welcome to the WIPW with Tami. I look forward to knitting with you wonderful women.

    Now on to your projects ... can I say that I loooooooooove that green cable scarf. Divine. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look at those cables! And you actually doubted yourself? Nutty girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...