Sunday 18 September 2011

The Restart

This is only my second YOP Uptdate since the project started in July, which I feel really bad about. But now things in my life are starting to calm down, normal blog service shall resume :)

In my first update I showed you the beginnings of the Tiny Tags hug. I'm pleased to tell you, that I finished it!

Once I got into it, I had a blast. The tags were easy to do once you got the hang of them and the hug worked up pretty fast. My Mum loved it so much, she asked if I could make her one for her French Press. I flicked through the Coffee Cozies book (also written by Alison Howard) but alas there was not one there. So, I designed my own! It took a lot longer than the Mug Hug, but it was still as much fun to knit. You can download the pattern for free on Ravelry!

I am made Stripes, which after On the Edge, is the easiest Hug out of the book. I used yarn from the yarn kit I got free with Issue #31 of Let's Get Crafting: Knit & Crochet Made Easy magazine.

I weaved the yarn ends in as I went, which is a lot quicker than leaving them to the very end. Which I'm sure you'll agree, takes the fun out of any project. As it was just plain Garter Stitch the Mug Hug knitted up very quickly.

As the work-in-progress, I attempted a lace pattern earlier this afternoon. Long story short, M.E brain fog caused me to make it about 3x too big, chose yarn which meant you couldn't see the pattern, and I kept messing up. I'm going to have a rest this evening and try again tomorrow. I'll keep you informed on my progress.

Now, I'm off to cuddle up on the sofa and prepare for the last round of Auditions of the UK X Factor. I have to say, I'm quite impressed with the panel this year, and the talent. But that's another post for another day. Have a great one!

For more Year of Projects post by bloggers from around the world, either type YOP11-12 into Google, head on over to Kerri's - the creator of this fine project -,or make your way to the Ravelry group Come Blog-a-Long.

10 thoughts:

  1. I love the bobbly one, very cute. I've never made any of these put have seen some crocheted versions so maybe I should give it a whirl. Enjoy your x-factor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mug hug, the one you did yourself the stripes....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh cup cosy, I like the bobbly one, it looks really funky!! I am making someone a cup cosy for christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mug hugs!! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, Cute Mug hugs. You did a great job designing your own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can definitely see why your Mom wants one for her French press - it's your morning smile right there!

    I'm also a fan of weaving in ends as you go - whatever you can do to minimize the amount of finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mug hugs look bright and cheery. I agree about working ends in as you go - far less painful than leaving them all till the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the stripey mug hug best, although they are both pretty :o) c x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What neat ways to decorate a mug.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...