Wednesday 30 January 2013

I'm Such a Rebel

Last week I promised I would be a good girl and finish Daisy's raglan before I started Tilly's cabled cardigan.

I lied.

I tried so hard to resist the temptation. Honestly. When I was nearly at breaking point I ran to instagram for support, which worked, until I started getting these comments:



This of course, made me want to knit the new cardigan even more... I had had an awful night, nightmare after terrifying nightmare, once cooled down and I had stopped shaking I decided to do some knitting to take my mind of the horrors.

And what did I knit?

I casted on Tilly's cardigan of course!!

This is my second project from my personal challenge A Year of the Cardigan, I wanted to attempted seaming again as it's a skill I would really like to improve.

The pattern I have chosen for Tilly is Hallows Cardigan by Melissa Metzbower, a rather masculine pattern, but I thought if I used a cute shade of pink I would be able to get away with it ;) One reason I chose to knit this particular pattern, was that it used Worsted/Aran weight yarn. I love, love, love working with those weights. I tend to stick to DK, so it is nice to have a change every now and again :)

Of course, you need to know what yarn I've chosen. I'm using Stylecraft Special Aran, in their Fondant colourway. You all know how much I love using Stylecraft yarn, it is cheap and great quality. Personally I enjoy using it more than some of the expensive yarns I've tried ;)


This has been a really good knit to have on the needles, I have been in so much pain lately with my Fibromyalgia that I need something simple to knit, yet it still needs to have enough complexity to keep me interested. That is where the cables came in.


As you can see from the photo, I decided to mirror the cables on the right front, just because I think it looks a lot prettier that way :)

Other mods I made, was that I downsized to 4.5mm needles, so that I got the right gauge. Other than that, I followed the pattern to the letter :)

I've switched back to Daisy's raglan for a little bit, to see if I can finally finish than dang lace panel! I am also working on a few new patterns, I hope to have them finished soon but we shall have to wait and see how things go!

A quick side note, you may have noticed a few changes to the blog lately. I've added a few new pages such as:

The Year of the Cardigan - the update page for all the projects for this personal challenge

The Flying Needles Knitting Club - I have my own knitting club!! Come and check it out, we have a Ravelry group where we talk every day, and we also do a webchat a couple of times a month.

Learn to Knit with An Accidental Knitter - Here you will find all my photo and video knitting tutorials

I've also updated my about page which is now entitled Whose Writing?

Head on over to this lovely lady for more WIPW posts!



0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...