Friday 2 November 2012

2 New Patterns & a Scent Pillow!

This week I have not one, not two, but three FOs to share with you! Lets get started...

My first FO is the Doodle Mitts I designed for Rizzle. This design was done completely at random, when I casted on I had no idea what I was going to make and by the end I had a cable mitten.

Rizzle loves the new design, and I'm pleased someone does as I'm not a big fan of them myself. I released the design earlier this morning, so head on over to the Ravelry Pattern page to find more about these mittens!

My second pattern is a hair band entitled 'Twisted Sister'. I was completely stuck for pattern names, but Thea, from Lady Bug Hill Farm blog, managed to save the day! Thank you again Thea :)

Twisted Sister is a simple 4 row cable pattern... without the need for cable needles! The eyelet cables are made by slipping and passing over stitches. Making it a great pattern if you're new to knitting! Head on over to the Ravelry pattern page to get hold of the free pattern!

Me modelling 'Twisted Sister'.
Late last year, when I was still in the process of being a beginner, I knitted a scent pillow from the book Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner by Aneeta Patel. I put it in my knitting basket, then another year zooms by and and it is still sat there, unfinished. I was clearing out my knitting bags and baskets when I came across it, and decided it was time to finally finish it! 

I sewed up the sides, then stuffed it with toy stuffing. I then soaked the stuffing in Lavender drops (really didn't mean to put that much lavender in there!) and finished sewing up the little pillow. 


Sewing up the scent pillow gave me a new pattern design, if the idea worked it would mean the scent pillow wouldn't need sewing up. So, I hope it does! 



1 thoughts:

  1. Great FOs! It feels so good to finish a project that has been waiting for some attention.

    I think the Doodle Mitts are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...