Saturday 23 February 2013

Colours of Spring (2013)

This Spring is going to be brighter and bolder than years previously. That's right, Spring 2013 is now the season of Technicolour! It is scary enough using bright colours in your wardrobe, never mind knitting and crocheting with the stuff! So, I thought I would collect together this season's colour trends that are safe, yet modern, choices to use in your Spring 2013 knitting & crochet.

Y E L L O W

Inspiration:

Source: Color Trends 2013 by  Fab Sugar
Yarn:








B L U E

Inspiration: 

Source: Color Trends 2013 by Fab Sugar
Yarn: 





All the yarns featured in today's post are hand dyed (some are even hand spun!) by a selection of amazing yarn dyers that you can find on the internet! Hand dyed yarns are perfect for special projects for you or your loved ones. Could you imagine the True Blue by Ewe & Me Yarns as a Monarch Shawl? Or perhaps Amethyst by Haute Knit Yarns as a pair of Polly Jean socks? I've knitted with hand-dyed a few times now, and it is the best stuff to work with. Even if you're stuck with 4 inches of 1x1 rib on 2mm needles, you won't get bored, as the colours are so inviting. 

I couldn't find complete yarn matches for all the colours, but I tried to get as close as I possibly could! As you could imagine this post took me forever, but I hope that it has inspired you to try some new colours this spring, either in your wardrobe or your knitting/crochet! :)

PS,

I advice you not to spend too long admiring hand-dyed yarn on the internet, your purse will be the worse for it ;) 



2 thoughts:

  1. HI,

    This is very good blog, good information i like to visit your blog again and again because of new updates.

    Regards
    Dyed Yarn Manufacturers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all the rich colors. Certainly not boring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...