Sunday 27 March 2011

Booties for the Modern Woman & A Hat - Oh My!

After reading my first blog post, my Mum quickly reminded me that my 'man-size booties' couldn't really be 'man-size' as they are pink. So from now on, they are to be known as 'booties for the modern woman'.

Anyway, back to the knitting.

After two hours of knitting I managed to finish my first pair of booties. And they were big. Instead of being for a newborn baby, I'm pretty sure it will fit a 3 month old.


Would you like a close up? Of course you would.


And because I was making a set for a new baby (Booties, Hat and Mittens)I had to start another pair, this time though I decided to disobey Aneeta (the creator of the Baby Booties pattern) and use 4mm needles. And here is the first bootie in progress.



And now, the finished article. Placed next to the original bootie for scale purposes.



I am pleased I have to say. They turned out just as I had hoped . Not bad for a first project. Not bad. Once I have finished the final bootie in 4mm my project is complete.

So my next project you ask?

Well the blog title may give you a clue... yes I'm aiming to do the third project in Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner. I am very hesitant to start it though, as the pattern requires 1x1 rib at the bottom of the hat, and I can not yet pearl confidently.

But that's another blog for another day.

1 thoughts:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...