Wednesday 20 July 2011

WIP Wednesday: Coffee Cozies, Shawls & Knitting Celebrities!

On Sunday, I decided to make the Tiny Tags Mug Hug, from the book Mug Hugs. I loved making the hug, and the end result was fab (all revealed on Sunday!). My Mum loved it as well, and wondereded if I could make her one for the cafetiere (or French Press as I believe it is known in the US). I quickly accepted the challenenge and headed to the book Coffee Cozies, which is a book by the same company who made Mug Hugs. I thought they might have made a Coffee version, but alas they did not.There was only one thing I could do, and that is to make my own! 

I decided to use Sugar N' Cream Stripes: Pinky, which is an Aran/Worsted weight yarn. It took me a while to work out the pattern, but I think I have it down now. I've changed it quite a bit, such as on each tag row, there are meant to be just 6 tags, but I have made it so that Tag Row 1 there is 6 tags and Tag Row 2, there are 7 tags. I've also made it so behind each tag is stocking stitch. 

Once I finish the Cozy, which will probably be next week, I'll make a PDF of the pattern so you can all give it a go, as it is a lot of fun to knit! 

I haven't had chance to work on my Shawl since last week, so nothing new to show you on that. But I really should get cracking on it, as I need to wear it this Saturday! 

I do have another Mug Hug on the needles for my Year of Projects but you don't get to see that until Sunday! 

In Showbiz news, singer Pink has taken up knitting! That is a sentence I thought I would never hear!

For more Works in Progress, head on over to Tami's, where the popular linky party hits the big 50! And also head over to Ambassador Crochet for more WIP Wednesday fun! 

10 thoughts:

  1. I like making things up as I go along - hope it works out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cozy is looking good! Looking forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to get my hands on some of that cotton, the more projects I see being made with it, the more I have to have some.

    It's looks amazing. Am looking forward to Sunday as well when I get to see your other Mug Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The French Press cozy is a great idea! Good luck getting your shawl done by Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures won't load for me so I can only wait to see how great the French Press cozy is. There are lots of folks on my Christmas list who'd like one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stitch pattern :o) Pretty colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next thing you know you'll be designing :) it always starts off with just figuring it out :)

    here from wipw

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good so far, looks like you're on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea and I love the pink colorway. Looking forward to the pattern and the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors and the texture! Thanks so much for sharing on my WIP Wednesday. I hope you'll be back again next week.

    ~Kristine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...