Monday 25 July 2011

L is for... Lilo!

Ever since I learnt to talk I've been asking for a dog. By the age of 10 I was so obsessed, that if I passed a dog while out with a friend, I could tell them not only the breed, but country of origin, temperaments, specific requirements of the breed and too many other things.

Finally, a few weeks before my 14th birthday I got what I'd always wanted. And it came in the form of Lilo, a Toy Poodle, Bichon Frise cross. Her full name is Lilo Madeline Doodle, but we like to keep things informal down here in the West Country.

When I went to the breeders to pick my puppy, I was originally going to choose Lilo's sister, (who is now owned  by friend!) but immediately after seeing me, Lilo decided I was hers. Despite being the smallest of the litter, she somehow managed to climb up onto the top of the sofa and leap onto my shoulder, where she sat for most of the time I was there. When she did finally decided to come down from her perch, she happily sat for a photo shoot!


I brought my little bundle of fluff home with me in June, when she was just 12 weeks old.





Every morning I woke up at 6AM to let her out to the toilet (she was house trained within 1 week, after that there was only the occasional accident - perfect puppy wouldn't you say?), we then crept up to my room and pulled my duvet downstairs (she had a habit of jumping on the duvet and sitting on it as I pulled it down the stairs).
 After that, we snuggled up on the sofa and watched BBC Breakfast until everyone else woke up.

Over the months that passed, her personality grew bigger and bigger, even if she didn't grow much herself.

All.. MINE!

Milk? Where?! 


No Mummy. NO!
Now aged 3 she is as silly as ever. When I picked up knitting in February she made her point of view on the matter very clear. She did this by climbing over me while I knit, sit on my yarn, put her toys in my knitting bag, whimper when I picked up my needles, and even ignoring me after spending a couple of hours knitting!

When I put the needles aside, our favourite things to do together are watch Crufts (curlier the dog hair, the better in her opinion!), take a walk in the forest and have a good 'ol cuddle!



If you are taking part in this weeks ABC, add your link to your post in the Mr.Linky below! Please make sure your link leads to your L is for... post, and not your blog page. Many thanks, and happy blogging! 


9 thoughts:

  1. She is so utterly adorable! I've never had a dog, only cats. I don't think I'd have been willing to get up at 6am when I was 14!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww she is just the cutest little thing. I've always been fanatical about dogs as well and how could anyone not want to take her home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness Lilo is just soo cute! I've always been a dog person but who couldn't love Lilo. Such a personality, it comes across in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so cuuuute!!! And well loved, too! I love her full name, even if you are informal at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dogs also I have 3 boys myself Balkie, Coby and Dakota! Lilo is such a cuttie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo cute! I've often found that little dogs have huge personalities and that they can totally assert themselves - definitely not intimidated by bigger dogs. I bet that my aunt's Maltese thinks that she's a St. Bernhard

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...