Monday 16 April 2012

In Review: Knitted Dinosaurs

This week I'm reviewing 'Knitted Dinosaurs by Tina Barrett' (this review copy came from my local library).

All I can say is I love the concept of this book. These colourful and quirky projects are a sure hit for kids and adults alike. The book consists of 15 'Prehistoric Pals', so once you've knitted one of each I bet you my bottom dollar that you'll have to do it all over again!

The book includes technique tutorials for those new to knitting, and a 'Finishing touches' section so you can stuff your dinosaur to perfection.

Each of the 15 dinosaurs come with 'fun facts' on their pattern pages, who says knitting isn't educational?

I love all the dinosaurs, but my favourites have to be...

Allosaurus

Pterodactyl 

Plesiosaur

The colours Tina has chosen for the dinos are perfect in my opinion, but who says you can't mix it up? What about a blue and yellow Triceratops or a pink and purple Diplodocus?

I really wanted to knit one a dinosaur for the review, but unfortunately life got in the way! I will be buying this book in the future though, as I think these would fit perfectly in my nieces toy collection. If you want to try before you buy, Just Crafty Enough are giving away the Stegosaurus pattern for free on their website.

So while their prehistoric ancestors reeked havoc on the earth, surely a knitted one couldn't hurt?

1 thoughts:

  1. oooh those ARE cute!!!! that's it, putting that one down on my " must buy soon" list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...