Tuesday 23 October 2012

Autumn...

    ©Daily Picture
    Using Flickr Creative Commons
    Autumn is probably my favourite season. The weather has only slightly turned, but enough so you can pop on  your fingerless mittens and a cowl, and head out on wonderful walks through the woods. All the leaves on the trees have transformed from a hard green to a burning orange. The crisp leaves then flutter down to the ground, making a satisfying crunch under your feet. When there are enough on the ground, you can collect them together and make a nice large pile, then with the children you can sprint towards them, and land in a heap on the ground as the leaves you've landed on twist and somersault in the air. 

    I was meant to knit my Autumn knits in Summer, so that I have everything ready beforehand. But life never works out as you would like, so I'm whipping up this season's knits at the moment. 

    I have finished my Origami Falls Cowl. The burning orange yarn I used reminds me of Autumn leaves, and I'm looking forward to wearing it with my coal black coat, possibly teaming it up with my Emanelle fingerless gloves I knitted forever ago. 

    I searched for "Autumn" in the Ravelry patterns, and came up with these results. My favourites have to be the Autumn Leaves Shawl by Supisa Oliver, Autumn Tam by Sandy Blue, and Autumnal Cardigan by Hannah Fettig.

    My Autumn knits this year are my Horseshoe Lace Cowl and Origami Falls Cowl. I'm planning on knitting Twin Leaf Fingerless Gloves (in Melon, to match my Horseshoe Lace Cowl) and A Very Braidy Cowl (using cashmere mix yarn, mmmm). The braidy cowl will be no problem to knit, in fact I think it'll be a really fast knit. The project I'm worrying about is the fingerless gloves, I've never knitted fingerless gloves in the round and am worrying about knitting the thumb gusset, but we'll cross that hurdle when we get to it. 

    Even though I haven't finished this season's knits, I'm already planning on what I'll make during the winter. Mostly Spring knits, I think. That way I'm all prepared! :D

    What are you planning on knitting this season? x

    1 thoughts:

    1. I have a cowl on the needles right now. I'm taking a break from sweaters.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...