Friday 5 October 2012

The Spackle Swap

Hallo there readers! *blows dust off keyboard* I'm back, for a little while at least. Our new personal situation means that I won't be able to get on the laptop very often as my Mum & I are now caring for little sister. Before I go ahead with todays blog post, just a little note for you all! I am now on Twitter, you can find me as @knittynugg. It would be lovely if you just said hello, showed me what you're knitting/crocheting, or even told me what you ate for breakfast if you're that way inclined! It's been nice chatting to Tami from Tami's Amis & Other Creations (she is @tamiklockau & @candyskein on twitter) & Danielle from A Stash Addict (she is @astashaddict on twitter). If you follow me, you'll be receiving exciting news such as my latest knitting projects, links to my new patterns & blog posts & other thrilling stuff such as my views on X Factor and Downton Abbey :P

Enough about Twitter, now its time for todays blog post :D

I'm apart of a lovely group on Ravelry called Wish Upon a Star with my also very lovely friend Jaz (you might remember her, she used to run a blog called Jasmine's Crafts). In July we did our first swap, which Jaz organised, and Jaz & I got paired together. When we were emailing each other, we dropped hints on what we were making. Turns out we were both knitting each other presents related to one of our favourite book series, Chaos Walking!


I decided to knit her a spackle. The resident species on New World which releases a 'germ', killing all the women and giving the remaining men a side-effect known as Noise (where all their thoughts are heard by others). I adapted the pattern 'Troodons' from the book Knitted Dinosaurs by Tina Barrett. I also added the band the spackles receive in book 2 by sewing on a piece of grey yarn. 



Keeping with the Choas Walking theme, I drew her a map of New Prentisstown which is where the end of book 2, and the whole of book 3 takes place. It took me forever, but I'm pleased with the result :D


The third thing in her package was a Among the Hedgerows washcloth, designed by myself. 

When I was putting together the parcel, Jaz had just started knitting socks. I know that she likes dark purple, so I bought her a skein of King Cole Big Value 4 ply, in Damson (669). It is a 100% acrylic yarn, with a massive yardage of 480 yards (439 meters). I then decided to by myself a skein in pink which I'm going to use to make a pair of socks for lil sis.


Last but certainly not least I got her the book 'Beginner's Guide to Crochet by Pauline Turner' and a couple of crochet hooks, since she is learning to crochet :)


Here is my parcel all put together!





Tune in on Monday to find out what Jaz sent me... for now though, head on over to these lovely blogs for more finished projects :D 





4 thoughts:

  1. Interesting sounding book, it looks like a fun swap! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book and project - love the map! Thanks for sharing Joining from Show Your Stuff blog hop - http://allthoseartsygirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swaps are always so much fun...so is Twitter. I'm on there too @wonderwhygal but don't spend the time I used to. Work gets in the way. Enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on twitter. I am following you now. It's @cjmoelder

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...