Saturday 10 May 2014

Lookin' Out of My Back Door

There are a few factors that are involved in my choosing of what to knit that day, the biggest one for me, is the weather. This may sound weird, but please, hear me out.

I have a lovely window right by my bed, which looks out onto our back garden and a few fields (this is the country - there are fields everywhere!). So, as soon as my eyelids flutter open in the morning, I open the curtains to admire the weather for the day. Now, if you don't already think I'm weird enough, I love any kind of weather. If I had the health to do so, I'd be out all day every day, rain or shine. I just love being outdoors.

Unfortunately, at the moment my health is at the point where I can only leave the house once or twice a week. As I am inside the house all the time, the weather doesn't affect my day at all.

So, one day last year, I decided to work on a project that complimented the weather we were having outside. "WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!" I hear you ask. Okay, so this is how it works.

In the early years of my life, I watched the Teletubbies so
much that I thought that was what the sun *actually*
looked like...

If the sun is shining and its warm outside, then I'll work on a bright coloured project, or one that has some kind of link to summer. For example, working on a strawberry baby hat fit the bill as it is both bright, and a fruit that is most readily available in the summer.


Why do people in RomComs always kiss
in the rain? You'll catch pneumonia, since
when was that sexy?!
Now, if it is raining, cloudy or windy, you have to knit a comfy project. Either it must be a warm/soft/chunky yarn, something big (like a blanket), or a project that you would wear in such weather (ex- working on a scarf).

Now, you may think that it is an insane way of picking up a project, and that's fine if you think so. I do know others that do it though, so I don't feel as crazy as I probably should do.

How do you go about chosing a project to knit (or crochet!)? Tell me in the comments below! I'll see you all at the same time tomorrow, until then I'm off to watch The Notebook...

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...