Friday 22 April 2011

FO Friday: A Little Something Called Blog Block!


Blog Block is a strange disorder.

One minute you're happy and enjoying your day. You take out your laptop (or sit at your computer, which ever is more your style) switch it on, and turn to your Blog. Click new post and then panic sets in. Your temperature starts to sore as you realise you have absolutely no ideas.

That's what happened to me, just 10 minutes ago. When I finally got an idea, guess what happened?

Yup. I forgot to take photographs for my finished items.

GRRRRR....

Well, my two finished items for today, were two (yet again!) mug hugs. My Mum asked me to make some for my sister as a present, and I finally finished the last one at 5am this morning (hay fever - don't ask). The first mug hug was just a torquoise GS hug with a yellow star button. It looked a bit like my first hug:


My second hug, was  bright yellow/orange(y) and it was done in basket weave stitch. (Bascially you K4, P4 for the entire row for 5 rows, then swap to P4, K4) I finished it at 6am this morning, and with only one mistake (which fortunately you can't see!!)! I managed to get a rather cruddy picture before I stuck on the button.


I simply added the button and gave them both away :) (As I was writing this and looking at the picture, I realised I hadn't weaved in the ends, DOH! This evening isn't going well...)

Well... that is all my finished objects, but I do have a couple of other things to share with you :)

As I loved basket stitch so much, I decided to make myself a Scent Pillow. The pattern is from the book, Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner. I am about half way through so far, it should be finished by tomorrow. This is what it looks like so far:


Quite pleased how it's turning out :)

I have a problem though. I don't particularly like the smell of dried lavender, as it can be quite overpowering, are they're any other dried flowers which would work well as a scent pillow? Thanks a bunch.

I've also decided to make a blanket out of the oddments of yarn I have left over from previous projects. I'll keep you posted as I go along :D

Well, I do hope you all have a lovely Good Friday (It's even better when it's a bank holiday!) and have a great weekend everybody!

Charlotte xxx

P.S
Found this and it made me laugh, so I thought I'd share :)


4 thoughts:

  1. Man do I love I Can Haz Cheeseburger pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    Your cozies look great, as does the basketweave stitch for your pillow. As far as dried flowers, I'm not a huge fan because of allergies. I love the smell of dried eucalyptus though! Maybe you can crush some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mug Hugs, I love those. Can you share a pattern? Would love to make a bunchy of those. What great add on's for gifts they'd be. Or for someone at the office you want to do a little something for, but not go overboard with time etc.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basketweave is wonderfully simple, yet it looks up so nice. You could try other herbs inside, or even just lightly scented cotton balls. Maybe an orange smell would be nice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter, started a little linky love, come play
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...