Friday 15 April 2011

FO Friday: Time for Tea!

Once again, I actually managed to finish something! In fact, I finished two projects! And I don't mean to pat myself on the back, but I think they turned out pretty well.

My family revolve around tea. When we need a solution for a problem, we drink a cup of tea. When we are depressed, we drink a cup of tea. When we're happy, we jump around the place then put the kettle on for a cup of tea. If we need a chat, first thing we do is head straight to the kitchen to, you guessed it, make a cup of tea.

So as you can see, tea plays a big role in this household. That is why I took it upon myself to solve the problem of 'tea gone cold'. For my first mug hug, I decided to use up some of that gorgeous turquoise I had left from the Baby Set I made last week.


I decided to use the Time for Tea pattern from the book Knitted Mug Hugs

I coped very well, seeing as it was my first time following a non-beginner pattern. I did get into a bit of a pickle with making the buttonhole, and ended up undoing the same 4 rows a total of 8 times. When I finally managed it it still didn't look right but I was so bored by that point I needed to get it over with before I stopped knitting altogether. 




My Mum loves it, she is even happier that she got to choose the button for it.I personally don't think it matches, but hey. She's the artist, not me.

My sister was extremely jealous of this mug hug, and repeatedly stole it for her own use, so I decided to make her one as well. She decided she wanted it striped, it needed to be thicker and it needed to be tighter. (I would have said no, but she is about 3 inches taller than me, and is a lot stronger. Case closed)

I had to change the pattern (and I will make a PDF of the pattern once I've had another shot of making it the same way, just to make sure that it works, nothing worse than a bad pattern!) but it didn't turn out half bad!




I'm quite pleased with how they've turned out. The only problem is though, that as soon as my Mum saw the pink & white mug hug, she immediately decided that she needed a striped one as well.
I don't think this is ever going to end!  

13 thoughts:

  1. So awesome!
    I totally understand how you feel about tea... we operate a bit that way, too :)
    Earl grey for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Mug Hugs! There is nothing that says I love what you made than asking for another and another...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome gifts that can be used every day. For their birthday or some other holiday, you should knit them a set. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know you hit a home run when theft, threats, and multiple requests are made :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great! I'm thinking my mug looks naked now......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i love mug hugs they are soooo cool!! I made ones with little knitted tea bags on the side haha!! I love the red and white one with the cute heart button!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As another person whose life revolves around tea, I love your description, and your two mug cozys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are very cute! No wonder one mug hug leads to another...

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're adorable ... now I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute and colorful! A nice quickie project for oddments of yarn.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those tea cozies are great! I have one for my coffee cup at work. I really should start drinking tea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I like the red/white one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...