Friday 15 April 2011

WIP Wednesday: A Gift for my Sister



So this week has been insanely busy and so I have had hardly any time to knit, never mind blog! That is the excuse   reason, this weeks WIP post is up so late, I do apologise! ( I actually wrote this on Friday, and made it look like it was posted on Wednesday...)

I have though got one item on the needles and that is a beautiful meadow green double knit hat for my sister. She looks great in hats, and even better in green! And since she is out an about in the cold like nobody's business I thought I would make her a little something to keep her warm.

Good job I have long Bamboo Needles, as the hat requires a
cast on of 90 stitches! =0

I'm starting to get more confident with 1x1 Rib
It has taken me a couple of days already, and I still have another 9cm of GS to do before I can start making it look like a real hat. This project may be featured quite often on WIP Wednesdays...

The pattern is from the book Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner. It's an incredibly simple pattern to follow, and just another reason why you should get that book! (Hint hint...)

In other news, I was given a lovely pot/vase/watering can/item to hold my needles and other knitting accessories in. I personally love it.


I also got some badges made for the blog by the wonderful Freckles! Click on them to be taken on a WIP and FO journey...



See y'all on Friday! Happy Knitting!









0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...