Sunday 3 April 2011

Knitting & Crochet Blogging Week 2011 - Day Seven: Your Knitting & Crochet Time



Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys. What items do you like to surround yourself with whilst you twirl your hook like a majorette’s baton or work those needles like a skilled set of samurai swords. Do you always have snacks to hand, or are you a strictly ‘no crumbs near my yarn!’ kind of knitter... try and concentrate on all of the little aspects that make up your knitting time. Maybe you always head for for your Flaming Lips CD when taking on simple knitting but prefer a bit of Brahms when tackling more intricate work, or maybe you enjoy knitting with audiobooks or complete silence. Perhaps your crochet time is never complete without a cuddle from Tiddles the cat.


Finally, a simple topic! Thank you Eskimimi :)

Most of my knitting time is spent in solitude, as when I knit, it as if I am taken to another world. My pain, worries and problems are all taken away and I can really concentrate on just making something and enjoying myself.
I don't like to be in complete silence though as I knit. So I normally slip upstairs to my bedroom, make my bed uber comfy, slip on a DVD (Yesterday it was Fantastic Mr Fox ,gotta love that George Clooney!)
If I don't fancy watching TV or a movie, I like to listen to audiobooks, podcasts or even a bit of music.
Because of my M.E, I don't get out as much as I like, so when I do go out I much prefer to enjoy being out, rather than spending my time knitting, which is an activity that I can do very easily at home.
As to whether I like to snack while I knit, I do. My favourite snack is Blackcurrant Jelly (Or Jello to you American folk :D), as it impossible to get crumbs on your knitting while you're eating it.

My dog Lilo, is incredibly jealous of my knitting. Whenever I pull it out, she is always there trying to stop me. Normally she lies on top of my wool, or puts her toys in my knitting bag so that when I look down to get something, I have to play with her. Here is a snap of her in action, the little rascal.


So I hope you have all enjoyed this years blogging week, I know I certainly have :)

P.S

I know this is a knitting blog, but I just wanted to show you the Victoria Sponge Cake I made yesterday, I was very proud! And everyone said it tasted delicious :)




Oh and I would like to say thank you for all the lovely comments I have been getting! I am really sorry that I haven't been able to reply to them, Blogger won't seem to let me! But I'm working on it :)

Have a lovely and relaxing Sunday everyone!

~Charlotte

2 thoughts:

  1. Aww your dog is so cute! and your cake does look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Charlie ;) that cake was yummmy :) aww lilo looks so cute in the pic xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ps.great writing keep going xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...