Monday 16 May 2011

B is for... Blogging

Today I thought I would share with you my favourite blogs. Before I start I would like to say that there are loads of blogs out there which I love, but if I were to list all 50 this post would be a good mile long. So this post is simply for my top blogs. The  blogs I can't live without, the ones that make me wake up in the morning and say 'I wonder if ... has posted today?'.

The first blog I thought I would share with you is Damn, Knit & Blast It. Susan's blog was the first knitting blog I had ever encountered. She's funny, has a gorgeous cat and is a knitting legend. I mean, look at those cables! It was thanks to Susan that I started my very own blog, and hopefully one day I will inspire someone else to start their own public ramblings. 

I have no idea how I came across Stitched Together, but boy am I glad I did. Like myself, Chrissy suffers  with daily pain and she is such an inspiration! She knits beautiful items, one of my favourite being The Recovery Sweater (if you're not in love with that colour green, something is seriously wrong with you!). She is so positive and encouraging, and can you believe it, she follows my blog! (I actually clapped when I found out... talk about starstruck!) She also introduced me to the next blog on my list.

If you've visited my blog before, you'll have heard about Tami's Amis and Other Creations. The wonderful Tami is the creator and hostess of WIP Wednesday and FO Friday, two memes I couldn't live without. If that isn't enough for you, she is a knitting supreme (take a look at Roger, and the first sock she ever made. If that doesn't yell 'SKILLZ' what else will?) and also runs an amazing shop called Candy Skein. Which I could just sit and stare at all day!

Lastly but certainly not least, is the Yarn Harlot. I think almost every knitter reads Stephanie's blog. I've heard people say it is 'over-rated' and people make 'too big a deal out of it'. For those who form such comments, they can't have read her blog properly. She is laugh out loud hilarious, is the writer we all inspire to be, knits like mad and takes gorgeous photographs. Oh, and did I mention she writes books, and hosts a little something called Sock Summit

So that wraps up my post for this weeks Learn Your ABC. If you would like to read some more 'B is for...' posts, simply click the links in the Mr.Linky below! Or, if you have written your own, submit the link to your B is for... post, overriding the link that Mr.Linky has saved. Please don't link to your blog's main page. Thanks :)

16 thoughts:

  1. Aw thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoy the blog and I'm enjoying the ABC meme a lot, though I haven't got the energy to join in. It's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always on the lookout for great blogs to follow, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever posting! Thanks for the blog recs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this so much, it took me on to other inspirational blogs. And what a clever 'B' - B for blogging didn't even occur to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My B post is now up! Loving everyone's posts : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed A, and had fun thinking about B today! Will need to start a list with things I can discuss each week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. always on the look out for new blogs to read!Fab post!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat idea! Love the ABC's :)

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, I read some of these blogs also will follow up on the rest that you've mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Charlie good post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for including both Tami's Amis and Candy Skein to your list! I love this ABC idea. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. New blogs to check out! thank you for the list; it's always fun to find new blogs to read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I posted on Mr. Linky twice.
    Thanks for sharing your favorite blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for starting this! fun :D i'm glad to have discovered your blog through my sis slippingthroughyourfingers :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. finally caught up, thank you for the abc's I am enjoying joining in and discovery new blogs along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is it too late to join in? Should I do A and B later this week and C today???

    Or do AB and C all together today?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...