Wednesday 18 May 2011

Wip Wednesday: Busy, Busy, Busy!

This week is manic. And as usual its all self-imposed stress. Yesterday I brainstormed a million ideas for my blog, and have now decided on 4 new weekly post themes, which will mean that in a few weeks I will be blogging daily! Yikes! Heres a little title teaser, for my eventual blogging week:

ABC Monday, Tunes on Tuesday, WIP Wednesday, Thursday Chat, FO Friday, Speechless Saturday and finally, Dinner with the Knits (Which will be on Sunday!). 

So this weeks WIP post will be relatively short as I have to get a lot of posts written, very quickly! I hope you understand, but I promise you its all worth it :)

So this week I haven't had much done in the way of knitting, I'm still waiting to get the 3.25mm needles I need to finish the cable mug hug I've been working on, so at the moment thats hidden away in my knitting bag, waiting to see the light of day. I think we're off to Argos later this afternoon though, so hopefully I'll get it done in time for Friday! 

On my 5mm needles I have the purple baby hat I've been putting off for the past month.


The pattern is from the book Knitty Gritty: Knitting For The Absolute Beginner, and it is incredibly simple. It isn't knitting up as quick I'd like, but thats probably because I've been spending my time on planning rather than knitting. Shameless. I'm hoping to have the hat done by Saturday, so I can wrap it all up and give it away on Sunday. Well thats the plan, I doubt it will happen.

Last Friday I gave you a little teaser of the baby blanket I'm making for my sister. Here it is in all it's glory!


The pattern is from the book More Blankets and Throws, and it is incredibly simple! The Zig-Zag is made from just knit and purl, no confusing yo, k2tog, p2tog, nonsense! I'm using a light pink baby DK yarn, and it is nice and soft to work with. I've done 4 squares so far, and I reckon I'll need about 16 all together.


Fortunately the baby isn't due until September, so I have plenty of time to knit it :) I am thinking of lining the other side so that is lovely on soft on the skin on both sides, as sometimes the WS of blankets can be a bit rough. Luckily my Mum is a sewing whizz, so help is always at hand!

So that's my post for today, hope it wasn't too painful for ya! Check back on Friday to see some more finished projects I've been saving :D

11 thoughts:

  1. Is the hat knitting flat or in the round? Wasn't sure from the picture. Funny how colors sometimes just aren't right in our pictures, it looks white not purple?

    Good luck getting it finished by this wkend, my current wip has a deadline of this Friday, so I know what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sandy

    Its worked flat, forget to mention sorry! Yeah I know, my camera is acting up, but it is a very pale purple!

    Thank you, hope you manage to finish your projects this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck getting the hat finished on time ;)

    Make sure you don't put too much pressure on yourself to post all the time, I'd hate for it to stop being fun and start being a chore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i learnt to knit, from that knitty gritty book :)

    hat looks fab! love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blanket and I can't wait to see the hat.

    I'm giving you props lady, 7 series posts ... I'll be checking in daily to see what you're up too. Brave woman ... LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a lot of work to blog daily! Those are great themes, especially the ABC Monday. Love how the zigzag baby blanket is turning out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can just feel how soft that baby blanket is! How gorgeous, what a lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, you are working to keep yourself quite busy! :) I look forward to seeing all these themed days on your blog -- and maybe they'll inspire me to join in on the idea.

    PS: That baby blanket is just so pretty! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for all of your blogging awesomeness!

    The baby blanket looks SOO SOO soft. I wish I could reach through the computer and touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blanket is precious! I am looking forward to your Thursday posts too! ;-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...