Monday 27 June 2011

H is for... Hairband

If you popped over last Wednesday, you'll have seen the progress I was making on my first ever headband. A few hours later though, I decided that it was too fat for my little head and frogged it.

On Friday night, while waiting for The Kennedy's to start, I decided to make my own hairband pattern. And here, just for you, is my second ever pattern!

Little Miss Hair Band 

Click for bigger picture!

You Will Need:

Small skein of DK Yarn
Size 4mm Knitting Needles
Scissors
Darning Needle

Instructions for Hair Band:
  1. Cast on 7 stitches
  2. Moss Stitch (K1,P1) until work measures 50cm, or desired length
  3. Cast Off
  4. Sew ends together using Whip Stitch 
  5. Weave in left over ends
For the Bow:
  1. Cast on 11 stitches
  2. Moss Stitch (K1, P1) until work measures 5 1/2 - 6 centimetres. 
  3. Cast off, leaving a long end (about 10cm)
  4. Weave in ends
  5. Fold work in half
  6. Sew up all sides with matching yarn using Whip Stitch, so you are left with a long rectangle
  7. Take your darning needle and matching yarn, and run the yarn through the centre of the rectangle from side to side. 
  8. Gather up the knitting to form the bow. (You may need to run the yarn back and forth several times to get a good shape)
  9. Sew onto your hair band.
  10. Pop it on and strut your stuff! 
So there you have it! The pattern can be found here on Ravelry, if you want to add it to your queue etc! I am trying to uploading a PDF as we speak so you can easily download and print it off! 

Check out more 'H is for...' posts by clicking the links below! =)


5 thoughts:

  1. I love it!!! How sweet - I love the "girly" color too! Congrats on the pattern making!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very satisfying to complete something and 'get it out there'.
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that's a very nice headband Charly! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute little hairband there, lovely design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...