Thursday 28 April 2011

There's A Hole In My Knitting, Delilah Delilah

Last night I finished my first Fingerless Wrist Warmer. I tried to sew it up but it all went horribly wrong and I had to undo it. This morning, I took the warmer out to attempt to sew it up again, when I found the sewing up yarn had got seriously tangled. I sat and tried to untangle this yarn vomit mess for about 10 minutes before I started to get annoyed.

Before I knew it, I had snipped a piece of yarn, the whole thing was untangled and I could start sewing up. 'Brilliant' I thought. 'Well done me.'

If only I had been so clever.

While I was darning up I noticed a hole appearing in the side of knitting. 'Strange', I wondered to myself, 'the eyelets are meant to be on the other side'. A couple of minutes later the hole started to get bigger and bigger.

'Darn it'

The knitting is beyond repairable. 

On the bright side though, I have enough yarn to make the wrist warmers again and now I have something to knit on my car travels this weekend.




I apologise for the randomness of this post, but I just had to share. Have you made any awful mistakes this week?

~Charlotte x

21 thoughts:

  1. Oh wow, that's really unfortunate about the wrist warmer! :( Do you have any idea where it went wrong??

    But way to be an optimist about getting to work on it this weekend. :)

    As far as making any awful mistakes this week: I was honest with my husband about the podcast he'd been working on last night. Let's leave it at that, it was a pretty terrible mistake. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Contessa

    I *think* I snipped one of the stitches while I was cutting the sew up yarn, but who knows!

    Oh no haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear, I feel your pain!! I have done this too :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. We pays top Cash for Cars Gold Coast up to $9,999. We buy any vehicle whether It is Scrap, Old, Damaged, or Used . We Offer Free Towing too Cash For Scrap Cars Gold Coast | Unique cash for cars is one of the top companies in Gold Coast who pays top cash for cars up to $9,999 | Address: 135 Bradman St, Acacia Ridge QLD 4110, Australia | Email: info@uniquecashforcars.com | Phone: 0732 196 670 | Cash For Cars Gold Coast

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aussie Skip Bin Hire Brisbane has been servicing Brisbane for more than 23 years. Brisbane is a safe and welcoming city is one of the fastest-growing regions in Australia Skip Bin Hire Brisbane At Aussie Bins, hire a skip bin in Brisbane for dumping any waste. FREE same day or next day delivery with instant hiring service available on a phone call with no waiting time | Address: 973 Fairfield Road, Yeerongpilly QLD 4105 | Phone: 0426 499 000 | Email: info@aussiebinsskip.com.au | Skip Bins Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our car removal services are free of cost. There are no unseen charges as so calm down as we don’t want to put you under any stress & We pay top cash for cars on the spot car removal brisbane We buy everything from four-wheelers to eight-wheelers, including cars, trucks, vans, Ute, SUV, and all other vehicles of any make and model cash for cars caboolture

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ezy Cash for Cars is the best provider of instant cash for your old and damaged car in Brisbane. We are the best car wrecking company in Queensland and offers free removal service for all types of heavy and light vehicles.we accept all makes and models we talked about and offer top cash for cars Brisbane.Cash for Cars Brisbane
    Cash for Cars Gold Coast
    Cash for Cars Sunshine Coast
    Cash for Cars Sydney
    Cash for Cars Logan
    Cash for Cars Toowoomba
    Cash for Cars Ipswich
    Cash for Cars Caboolture
    Cash for scrap metal brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great. One of the worth blog I’ve read in recent times. Truly worth reading. And I would love to read some more useful blogs form you for sure. Cash For Car. Again, awesome weblog! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great. One of the worth blog I’ve read in recent times. Truly worth reading. And I would love to read some more useful blogs form you for sure. Car Removals Sydney. Again, awesome weblog! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Onroadz offers the best self drive rental cars in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Trichy, Theni, Salem, Vizag, Vijayawada, Mysore, Tirunelveli and other famous cities in Tamil Nadu. Hire rental cars for covering both short and long distances at unbeatable prices.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I blog quite often and I really appreciate your information. This great article has really peaked my interest. I'm going to book mark your blog and keep checking for new information about once per week. I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.
    Cash for Cars Burleigh Heads
    Cash for Scrap Cars Burleigh Heads

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so cool! I don't believe I've read through a single thing like this before. So great to discover someone with unique thoughts on this subject matter. Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This web site is one thing that is needed on the web, someone with a bit of originality!
    car removal beenleigh
    cash for cars beaudesert

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I do believe this is a great web site. I stumbledupon it ;) I am going to come back once again since i have saved as a favorite it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.
    cash for cars ipswich
    cash for scrap cars ipswich

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, Thanks for sharing your opinion about cash for cars ipswich. This blog is very informative and discussed the new ideas. Thank you so much for sharing have a nice day.
    cash for cars ipswich

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This author's writing is almost impossible to read without being captivated. He maintains a compelling style despite using straightforward language. Among the ways to educate the audience about cash for scrap cars, we will discuss how Cash For Cars Brisbane offers fair prices for scrap cars.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Due to its skillful writing, I was captivated from the beginning to the end. Additionally, Fast Car Removals promotes sustainable development through its Cash for Cars Brisbane services.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A win-win situation can be achieved through the combination of creative and informative elements. Presentations were professional in nature. Scrap My Car Canberra provides free car removal and towing services through the Cash for Cars Braddon website.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Detail-oriented writers are admirable! Congratulations on your accomplishments. We are distinguished from other companies by our attention to detail. You have achieved something great, and I congratulate you. Cash For Cars Moe has become one of Australia's most reliable money transfer companies due to its reputation for free evaluations and instant cash transfers. The mission statement of a company should include transferring money quickly, conveniently, and for free.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was very helpful to me to read this article. You provide a service that is beneficial to many car owners. There are a wide variety of car models and makes available from Australian dealers. Other vehicle recyclers accept this type of vehicle in addition to Adrian's Cash for Cars Gold Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Keeping your readers engaged in your writing will make them want to read more. Almost everyone knows about Metal Biz Recyclers. As well as repairing vans and selling cars, we also offer cash for cars. You can count on our knowledgeable and friendly staff for assistance. A service offered by Metalbiz Car Breakers is a Cash For Cars Brisbane, which is part of its vehicle recycling program.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...