Saturday 2 July 2011

100 Days 100 Words: Cupcake!


My word for this week is Cupcake. I'm not a big fan of cupcakes, (why have a little cake, when you can have a biiiig slice of cake?) but I've always wanted to try Jamie Oliver's Red Velvet Cupcakes. So yesterday afternoon I finally decided to give them a go.

Once all the ingredients were weighed out it was time to start baking! I popped the butter and sugar in the blender and gave it a blitz. After that it was time to whisk in an egg singing 'beat it' the entire time, and the remaining ingredients.

Once that was all done and dusted, it was time to pop the yummy mixture into the cupcake tin!


It took 20 minutes to cook. Which went very, very slowly. Finally they were out of the oven, and I had to wait another 20 minutes for them to cool down. Which of course went even slower.

While Nadal and Murray walked onto centre court I whipped up the cream-cheese frosting, lathered it onto the cupcakes, sprinkled on some sprinkles and dug in!


And they were delicious.

4 thoughts:

  1. These look yummy! I also like a biiig slice of cake but I don't feel as guilty if I have a cupcake or 7!
    Pop over to my blog and check out my first 100 days 100 words and add your link! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, cupcakes. My favourite! Not that I have anything against big slices of cake ;o) c x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not tried making red velvet cake yet. I'm doing marble cake this morning, as we're off to a tea party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...