Monday 8 August 2011

N is for... Nana

When I was about 8 or 9, my Great Nan decided to teach me to knit. For the rest of the evening, we both sat on the edge of the sofa repeating 'in, wool, and out'. Suprisingly I managed to knit 11 neat rows. I say surprisingly because my Nan was almost blind when she taught me, which proves how good she was at knitting. Unfortunately after that one evening I never picked the needles up again until Febuarary of this year. 

Before she lost her sight completely, my Nan knitted my little sister a cardigan. Katy absolutely adored it, she was always wearing it and asking people what they thought of the big red buttons. 8 years later we still have it, occasionally taking a peak into the cupboard to admire it. Here it is in all its glory.



Katy has asked me to knit her one just like that for her, so once my knitting skills are up to it I'll give it a bash.

So thats what N stood for me, click the links below to find out what N meant to other ABC bloggers!!


2 thoughts:

  1. What a sweet story. My grandmother taught me to crochet and to cross stitch and how to cover photo albums with fabric etc. She was one crafty little lady and I miss her a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great story. i am close with gma and those are such precious memories. you should name your cardigan after nana :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...