Thursday 16 February 2012

Thursday Book Challenge: Week 2


Welcome to the second week of the Thursday Book Challenge! To find out more about this meme, head over here.

So, this week I have chosen to read TimeRiders: The Eternal War (Book 4) by Alex Scarrow, My Lady Ludlow by Elizabeth Gaskell and Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Jules Verne.

But, before I start telling you about this weeks books, here is a quick update on how I did last week.

Last week I set out to read Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell, TimeRiders: The Doomsday Code (Book 3) by Alex Scarrow and The Maze Runner by James Dashner. I managed to read Cranford and TimeRiders 3, both of which I really enjoyed. TimeRiders was full of surprises and secrets... which I hope I will find the answers too soon! Unfortunately, I have managed to lose my library card *facepalm*, so I haven't been able to pick up my reservations. Hopefully sometime next week they'll be  able to sort me out with a new card...

So, onto this weeks. I desperately wanted to find out what happened next in the TimeRiders series, so The Eternal War was my first book of the week. It was very good, but it 'felt' a lot different to the previous books. In actual fact, it felt more like a film script than a book. The storyline was very good, though. It was nice to spend more time with Maddy, the leader of the TimeRiders. I enjoyed getting to know her character more, and learning what makes her tick. The ending was sad, (can't state the reason for fear of *spoiling*) and instead of answering questions, made me ask more! So, I'm really hoping in the 5th book, the Gates of Rome,  we'll be able to find out some answers.

Lady Ludlow from the BBC TV Series,
Cranford.

I decided to carry on with the Elizabeth Gaskell novellas, and so this week I am reading My Lady Ludlow. It is about an aristocratic widow and the way she handles the social and political change of the country. The entire story is told through Miss Dawson, whom Lady Ludlow took into her care at the age of 16, after Margaret's father passed away.

I have to admit, I'm not loving it so far. But whether that is due to the story, or the fact that I'd much rather be knitting Daisy's new cardigan, I'm not quite sure.

So, that is how I'm getting on with my reading this week. Now its over to you! To take part, head on over to your blog and write about your reading for this week. Then when you're finished, get the link to your post (not to your blog, just the post) and then pop it into the Mr.Linky below! All we ask is that you link back to us in your post, and read one or two of the other participants posts.



1 thoughts:

  1. Hi Charlotte, great update and Time Raiders sounds interesting I think I'll check it out. Bummer to My Lady Ludlow, I sometimes think you have to be in a right frame of mind to read some books so perhaps a revisit to it after a break might help.
    Tried linking my post but its not entering again, sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...