Thursday 8 March 2012

Thursday Book Challenge: Week 5


Last week I told you all about H.I.V.E: The Overlord Protocol by Mark Walden. I did finish it, and it was great. He may have nicked a couple of story lines from Star Wars, but I still loved it. 

After finishing H.I.V.E book 2, I moved onto The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore. It's the second book in the Lorien Legacies series. The first book, I am Number 4, was brilliant. Full of action, drama and aliens. The second book, though, has been a bit of a let down. Well, no, quite a let down. If I'm brutally honest, the first 250 pages were like watching paint dry. The 3 star rating I gave it on Shelfari was due to the last 30 pages, which were very exciting. Despite all this, though, I am looking forward to the third book, The Rise of Nine, which is due out on the 21st August.

At the moment I am reading 39 Clues: The False Note (book 2) by Gordon Korman. I needed something lightweight to read, and 39 Clues delivers just that. Here is the description to the first book, 39 Clues: The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan.

'Minutes before she died Grace Cahil changed her will, leaving her descendants an impossible decision: "You have a choice - one million dollars or a clue." Grace is the last matriarch of the Cahils, the world's most powerful family. Everyone from Napoleon to Houdini is related to the Cahils, yet the source of the family power is lost. 39 clues hidden around the world will reveal the family's secret, but no one has been able to assemble them. Now the clues race is on, and young Amy & Dan must decide what's important: hunting clues or uncovering what really happened to their parents.'

Each book contains a new clue, and a new adventure. They are also written by a new writer. This second book, The False Note, is written so much better than the first, and I really hope that Gordon Korman has written more than one in the 39 book series.

So, now it is over to you! 


0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...