Thursday 5 April 2012

Thursday Book Challenge: Week 9


Since I read Delirium by Lauren Oliver last year, I've been counting down the days until the release of the sequel, Pandemonium. The day finally arrived that I was able to waddle back from the library with Pandemonium in hand.

The book is set out differently to the first, rather than having a narration that tells the story in chronological order, Pandemonium's chapters alternate between 'then' and 'now'. Which is quite confusing, and irritating at first, but now I'm into the heart of the story it actually is building tension and excitement.

So what's my problem? Well, Lauren Oliver has gone down the 'love triangle' route which seems to be very common in Young Adult books, especially dystopian novels like Pandemonium, Matched and Crossed. It is all very well but it is getting a bit boring. Gemma Malley, author of the Declaration series managed to write all three books without a second love interest for either of the main characters, and to be honest I feel that the story is stronger for it.

Rant over, I do apologise. So now it is over to you! What are you reading this week? Perhaps a classic novella or have you got your nose in a 'who-dunnit'?






0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...