Thursday 29 March 2012

Thursday Book Challenge: Week 8


Well, can't believe we've managed to keep going for 2 months now! I've finally started getting back into reading which is great as I finally have something to take about.

So, this week I read The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. Almost 500 pages long, and I got so engrossed in it that I managed to finish it in two days. And let me tell you, it was amazing! During the first couple of pages I really wasn't sure about the concept, but once we got to Chapter 3 I was totally obsessed. It was fast-paced, scary at times and heartbreaking. Here is the summary from Shelfari.com:

"A dystopian thriller follows a boy and girl on the run from a town where all male and animal thoughts can be heard - and the passage to manhood embodies a horrible secret. Todd Hewitt is the only boy in a town of men. Ever since the settlers were infected with the Noise germ, Todd can hear everything the men think, and they hear everything he thinks. Todd is just a month away from becoming a man, but in the midst of the cacophony, he knows that the town is hiding something from him - something so awful Todd is forced to flee with only his dog, whose simple loyal voice he hears too. With hostile men from the town in pursuit, the two stumble upon a strange and eerily silent creature: a girl. Who is she? Why wasn't she killed by the germ like all the other females on New World? Propelled by Todd's gritty narration, readers are in for a white-knuckle journey in which a boy on the cusp of manhood must unlearn everything he knows in order to figure out who he truly is."
 I give this a big thumbs up, and will tell everyone to read it. I can't wait to read the sequel "The Ask & the Answer". So hopefully I'll get to read that soon.

Now, I am about to start Paycheck by Philip K. Dick, Abby has seen the film and said that we both should read the book. So I am following her advice. I haven't started it yet, so I'll tell you all about it next week. For now though, go check out the other TBC posts this week!






0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...