Monday 14 May 2012

In Review: Mistofellees by Black Cat Fibres

This week I am reviewing Mistofellees by Black Cat Fibres. (I received the yarn for free in return for a review).

Yarn arrived the next day (very impressive), and came wrapped in colour matching tissue paper, which I thought was a lovely touch. It felt like I was opening a present (which I was in a way)!

Mistofellees is a Merino/Nylon Superwash Sock (4ply) yarn, I chose to have it in the Summer Berries colourway. A gorgeous purple and pink yarn which just reminds me of picnics in the summer.

As it is sock yarn, I just had to have a go at socks. I chose the pattern 8 Stitches per Inch by Ann Budd, not only because it is my first ever pair of socks, but I knew the plain stockinette body would show the yarn off perfectly.

This yarn is a dream to knit with. It has a fuzzy halo covering the yarn, which means it is soft to knit with and their is no chance of splitting. I did attempt a couple of other patterns with the yarn, but ended up frogging them. Normally a yarn wouldn't be able to cope with so much unravelling, but Mistofellees held up its shape and texture.


The yarn is hand-dyed, so if you are going to need more than one skein make sure you buy them at the same time, as dye-lots will vary. There are a generous 465 yards/ 425m per skein, which will make a large pair of men's socks. It will handle a cool machine wash (30˚), but make sure you dry your garment flat. You can buy the yarn at a bargain price of £10.83 ($17). 

So my honest advice is to buy this yarn, you really won't regret it. I can see Black Cat Fibres becoming very popular, so make sure you get the skein you've been eyeing up soon, before it is too late!

If you pop by on Sunday, you'll see how the socks turned out. Tune in tomorrow though, for my participation in a new meme called "Holiday Stash Down 2012", which was recently started by the Underground Crafter.

3 thoughts:

  1. Indeeeeeeeeeed, what a lovely yarn. And have you seen the other stuff in her shop? Yummy yarn, I would say! And plenty things in blue shades :wink:

    And you did a great job having the guts to knit a pair of socks for the first time. By now you shall be addicted to it!!

    Ciao, Fleur

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...