Monday 11 July 2011

J is for... Joy!

I find joy in a lot of things, but this week it comes in the form of good 'ol American/Canadian yarn that they call Sugar n' Cream.

I spotted this yarn on Ravelry when I first joined, and let me tell you, it was love at first sight. I searched and searched the web for a UK stockist, but couldn't find anyone. Then last week I got Let's Knit August Issue, and included was a Create & Craft brochure, and you never guess what they had on offer!

I went straight to the website, and spent the £20 I had just been given on 12 skeins of this Cotton Treat. I purchased Pinky Stripes, Lime Stripes and Modern Stripes, which are all Aran (Worsted) self-striping yarn.

Modern
I have only given them a cuddle thus far, but I already know that I love this brand. Its bright and colourful, soft to touch, and it even has a nice smell to it.

I bought the Modern colour way hoping to make myself a bag to match the shawl I'm making for next weekend, I was a bit dubious as first but after seeing it I know that it will work perfectly. I reckon the bag will only need 2, or at the most, 3 skeins, so I'll have an extra to play with.

Pinky 



I bought Pinky just because I loved the colour. I have no idea what I will make with it, all I know is that I love it. This is certainly the start of me buying yarn just because I love it, its just going to go downhill from here. Candy Skein here I come! If you have any suggestions what I could use it for, drop a comment!

Unfortunately the Lime hasn't arrived yet, and like the Pinky I bought it just because I fell in love with it. I think though it might work as a Blanket, although it would have to be a Baby Blanket or a small blanket as I only have 4 skeins. Again, any suggestions highly appreciated!!

So now I turn over to my wonderful ABC Writers, click on the links below to see what J represents to them!





6 thoughts:

  1. Oh, I like using Sugar and Cream. It's a good brand and the colors are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't found the the Sugar n'Cream love...but my mom has in a bad way! She does a lot of washcloth knitting and uses it exclusively. She is also making 4 bags. I think they are called windmill bags...not sure. It's great you found a source for a hard to get yarn. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty colors! I love Sugar and Cream. I've made a bag from it and I always make my dish cloths from it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This isn't a yarn I know - I wonder if it would make a nice tea cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty colours : ) I'm with Julie on the tea cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard lots of good things about this yarn too. Those colours you chose are really nice...I'm make with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...