Tuesday 2 August 2011

M is for... Mmmm

Mmmm... that one sound just says it all. Complete gratification, pleasure of the highest degree, just plain awesomeness.

That was the only thing I could say this morning when I opened my squishy package. As I tore open the brown packaging little glimmers of red appeared, followed by a soft pink. Another Mmmm was muttered. 

The family slowly crept round, their whole bodies leaning in as I ripped the packet to shreds. As I took the two exceedingly soft and colourful skeins out of the bubble wrap the whole family - including myself - gasped.

The yarn we all fell head over heels for, is none other than Tami's Yummy DK in Strawberry and Yummy Worsted in Cotton Candy Swirl, both from her wonderful shop Candy Skein! I was given some money a couple of weeks ago, and decided to go all out and treat myself to two skeins of scrumptious candy inspired yarn!

When buying yourself expensive yarn (well, its expensive in my opinion at £8 ($14) a skein) you can't just buy what you think is gorgeous and then have it sitting in your yarn box for ever and ever as you 'didn't know what to make with it'. So I decided to choose what I wanted to make before I chose my yarn.

I haven't yet made a scarf, and as a lot of people are starting to focus on their winter knits now I thought I better jump on the bandwagon and have ago. After a bit of research I decided that worsted weight would be my best choice, and so bought myself Cotton Candy Swirl. A 100% Merino Superwash yarn, beautiful in colour and ever so soft in texture.

At the moment I'm thinking of using the pattern, Angora Lace Scarf by Lion Brand Yarn. Although Fletching Silk Scarf by Angela Roberge is also looking promising.

My second skein is Strawberry, a DK yarn also made with 100% Merino Superwash. I don't like to pick favourites, but if I did this one would certainly have my vote. The colour is just so vibrant, a definite 'mmm' product! With this yarn I'm planning on making myself some Fingerless Mittens, something I have tried in the past, but hopefully this time I will do better.

The pattern I'd love to use for this yarn is Emanelle by Nancy Ricci. Nancy has done quite a few Mitt patterns, but this one really caught my eye.

So that is my ABC post for this week, if you'd like to find other M is for posts, click the links in the Mr. Linky below!!



For now I leave you with a picture of my pal Lilo. Who wasn't very pleased with my new yarn purchase.

"She spends too much time knitting and not enough time cuddling me!!"

5 thoughts:

  1. I love her yarns! I have to save up to be able to buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great yarns! Looking forward to seeing what you make them into!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yarns (and I'm sure Lilo will forgive you!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...