Friday 27 January 2012

By the Sea

Living near the coast, you can't not be inspired by the beautiful colours and landscapes. After my eldest sister claimed the first French Press cozy I designed, Candy Bobble, it left my Mum without a cozy. So, I decided to design her another one with the seaside theme in mind!

So, I give to you, friends and readers, By the Sea!

It is a quick, easy, fun and most importantly, cheap! knit. The pattern is available for free as a PDF download on Ravelry.

For the show knit, I used James C. Brett Top Value Double Knit in Turquoise. Which is  cheap yarn, but really good quality and I will definitely use them again. My Mum found the Seashell buttons by chance, and they work perfectly with the pattern.

For now, head on over to Tami's for more Fab Friday Finishes!! Have a great weekend everyone!


9 thoughts:

  1. I never even thought of making a french press cozy! So great!

    Love the color and the sea theme - and the seashell buttons!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the texture. I have a french press and the only thing I don't like about it is that the coffee doesn't stay hot. I favorited the pattern. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good I'm going to have a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the color, texture and the shells! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Lovely colours and texture and the shells are fab. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, and the buttons go really well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love tea cozys and now ... well now you've given me a whole new take on the idea! Me likes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...