Tuesday 10 April 2012

Instagram: The Social Network for the Creative

My friends kept telling me to download Instagram, personally I couldn't see what the appeal was. I have Facebook, Google+, Flickr, YouTube...Pinterest. Why do I need another social media account? But, after the 18th prod from my sister I downloaded it on my iPod Touch (version: crappy 2.0).

So for people who are sitting there wiggling their head like a crazy person wondering what on earth I'm on about, I'll explain.

Instagram is a new social network, originally designed for owners of iPhones and iPod Touches (but it has recently spread out to the android market sparking a few hilarious comic strips and tweets).  It is a fast, fun and beautiful way to share photographs with friends. Your picture not quite perfect? Don't worry, add one of the many filters to get that professional look.

You can have a private account where only your friends can see your photos, or, you can go for a Public account. I have one of each, I use the Public account (@anaccidentalknitter) for the blog, and my private for sharing things will friends and family.

Like Facebook and Twitter, Instagram uses a hash tag system. So for example, if you want to find a picture with the tag #iknittedthis, simply type it in the search box and tada! You've found the pictures you were looking for.

#iknittedthis is actually a competition I started last week, people tagged some beautiful knit and crochet related photographs. The prize was, for two people to have their photo shown on this blog post so lets get on with it!

First up is this gorgeous crocheted cake ring by @pajamie. The item is actually available on her etsy shop, Sugar Junkie. Pretty things, for pretty girls. And those products... are the cutest things I have ever seen. I want one of everything.
                     
One type of item she doesn't sell, are stitch markers. Personally, I think if she made a range of crocheted stitch markers she'd be rolling in yarn money.


Our second winner is @jasminej82. Veronica's about section reads as follows: My world and my knitting projects :) Which I thought was a lovely way of putting it. Currently she is knitting a beautiful turquoise cowl/shawl (I'm not very sure which one it is..) and I can't wait to see how it turns out. So keep us posted!






2 thoughts:

  1. Hi!
    Thanks for posting my photo :)
    It's a sort of shrug and it's done now. I'll update you on instagram :)

    jasminej82

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...