Friday 12 October 2012

Hot Off the Needles!

Huzzah!

My 'Tulisa' Beanie is finally off the needles, the pattern is written and has been checked a gazillion times, & Rizzle kindly sat for a photoshoot. For those who weren't around on Tuesday, let me get you up to speed...

Last Saturday I saw X Factor judge Tulisa wear a rather fetching black & grey gradient rib Beanie. I spent the rest of the programme wondering whether to try and imitate it, a day later I gave in and decided to give it a go. 

I chose to use King Cole Galaxy in two colourways, Venus (plain black, for the brim) and Jupiter (a gradient of black and grey, for the body). It also had the added bonus of sequins, giving it an extra sparkle. 

I ended up having to rip back a few times, then frog the entire thing. So it took me about 2 days before I managed to re-start it without any mistakes. By Tuesday, though, I got the hang of it and it knitted up rather quickly.

Today, I finally finished it. I believe I've managed to get it pretty similar, mine has much more slouch, but I think I prefer it that way. Enough with the chat though, let me show you!



I really like the twinkle of the sequins, and I'm pleased on how they 'organised' themselves, I was afraid they'd just collect into one big clump.

Now the serious pictures are over, Rizzle wanted to take a few silly ones. The series is entitled
'Emoticons of a Rising Popstar'

Nervously starting out...

Single got to No.1 - WOO!

Bit drunk...


Ohmygosh I looove my fans!
GET OUTTA MA FACE


I hope you like it! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out... The pattern will be released here tomorrow, so don't forget to pop on by.

For now though, go check out more lovely finished objects!

6 thoughts:

  1. You did a great job getting that gradient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job.....love the sequins. They ook like snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all of your photos! You had a lot of fun with that photo shoot. The yarn for that hat looks like a lot of fun. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beanie, especially the sparkles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...