Wednesday 4 May 2011

WIP Wednesday: Knitter's Travelling Syndrome

A couple of weeks ago, I told you about the meltdown I had over the hat I was knitting. It wasn't a proud moment for me. For days I have been looking guiltily at the frogged hat, wishing I hadn't got so upset. So yesterday, after giving myself a pep talk, I took out my 5mm needles, the meadow green yarn and cast on.

I am really pleased that I started it again. I've been really poorly the last couple of weeks, so it's nice to have a project which requires 18cm of GS before you have to even bat an eyelid at a pattern. Each row is 90 stitches, so I have only managed to do 8 rows of rib and 14 rows of GS so far (that's 1,980 stitches altogether). 




I think it's looking okay so far, I really am in love with that colour green. It is going to look absolutely fab on my sister. Lets just hope she likes it!

My second WIP is my Fingerless Wrist Warmers I blogged about last week. I intended to start them on the car trip last weekend but I found out I suffered from Knitter's Travelling Syndrome (KTS). It is a sad and debilitating disorder, where the sufferer is unable to knit while travelling due to motion sickness. This leaves the  sufferer upset and incredibly bored.

I managed to survive the 2 1/2 hour car trip by flicking through the radio channels. I managed to listen to the song Price Tag by Jessie J ft B.O.B, three consecutive times on three different radio channels. If I wasn't word perfect with it before, I certainly am now.

After a meal out, we headed back to our hotel and I finally managed to get started on the warmers. It wasn't much, but it was a start. Yesterday though, I managed to finish the first one. 

Excuse the cruddy photograph!
You can't really see on the photograph, but there is an extra eyelet on the left hand side of the warmer, which shouldn't be there! Once it is sown up though you shouldn't be able to notice it :)

So that's my WIPs for this week, if you'd like to see some more head over to Tami's blog! Tami has also opened the virtual doors to her new online shop, Candy Skein. I managed to have a look around yesterday, and within 5 minutes I had already seen to many things that I wanted needed! A couple of my favourites are:


I have no idea what I would knit with it, but I want it!
Hand Dyed Worsted Weight Yarn - Cotton Candy Swirl. I've never described a yarn as yummy before, but this one certainly is!


I would love to make the Grace Lave Beret with this yarn.





Before I pop off to have my Pot Noodle (unhealthy I know, but so dang delicious!) I would like to say thank you to my best friend Abbie, without her wonderful exploding lemons joke this post would not have been possible.

P.S

I will be starting a new feature on my blog next Monday. So don't forget to come over and have a look! 

11 thoughts:

  1. Fab colours - I love that green, very springlike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty green, looks like you're making good headway. Don't be too hard on yourself. Maybe do x number of rows a day and take it slow so you can stay calm with it.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like there's a lot of green knitting around at the moment ;) That looks like lovely yarn too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved the Sour Apple as well. Its gorgeous isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling good. Having a simple pattern to work on when you're feeling rubbish is great though as at least you can do some knitting. It's looking good.

    And I can't knit and travel either. Of course, that's mostly because I'm the one driving...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant knit whilst travelling either but thats because I am always the driver :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had knitting-related tantrums where I wanted nothing more than to shred the whole thing with scissors, so I feel that frogging a project is a pretty restrained way to go. And look how good the hat is coming along now -- you'll love it & probably be glad you gave it a new start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you were able to put the emotions from frogging aside and restart the project. It looks SO good so far!

    Thank you so much for linking to my shop and also showing a few of the available skeins. They'd love to move in with you and become beautiful projects! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you overcoming the frogging guilt. It's always hard to frog but we all have to do it sometimes, you can't let it get you down!

    Also: TNS sounds like it sucks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. That green is so, so pretty. It's like spring "yarnified."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...