Monday 15 August 2011

O is for... Obsessions!

I go through short bursts of obsession. That said I did have an obsession with Dogs that latest for just over 10 years.  Here are but a few of my old/current obsessions!

Drawing - I went through a 3 month long phase of non stop drawing. I mostly doodled horses, some of them turned out okay. Others not so much.


Click to make bigger!


Reading - My best friend Abby and I are big on reading. We made it our goal to read 50 books in a year, so far I've only read 11 (I had to stop reading for quite a while due to M.E brain fog, but I'm starting up again!) whereas she's managed a whopping 38! *applauds* 

Photography - I love taking photographs. I even had a blog about it once! My favourite things to photograph are flowers... Here are just a few of my favourite photographs!

Click to make bigger
Knitting - You know about this one, started in February 2011 and haven't stopped since. Even attempting to knit as I type this very post!

Writing - I've been writing stories since I mastered the art of holding a pen, as I got older I progressed to writing articles and even longer stories.I now write reviews, blog posts, articles, and even the odd short story or two. A couple of years ago, my cousins and I started to write TV Scripts, which we love to write. I haven't written any scenes for a while now, but have recently had a couple of ideas pop into my head. 

Dogs - I always have, and always will, love dogs. Some of my earliest memories involve those cuddly canines. After years and years of pleading and begging I finally got one of my own. A beautiful Bichipoo called Lilo.  

Buttons - I love buttons. I started to collect them back in April of this year when I first started knitting Mug Hugs


Click the links below for more O is for... posts!

9 thoughts:

  1. Funny, apart from drawing and dogs, we seem to have a lot of the same obsessions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think highly creative people do "obsess" over lots of stuff. It's how we find inspiration.
    BTW - adding you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I share a lot of those obsessions, especially dogs, buttons and photography. And of course knitting. I can't get enough of looking at your little dog. Makes me go all gooey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that blogging and knitting are my current obsessions. And they are obsessions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. August hasn't been a good month for my obsessions. Been too tired or too hot and bothered:(

    My obsessions: crochet, yarn, coffee, bacon, travel, chocolate, socializing, laughing... the list can go on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charlotte,
    Just to let you know I have awarded you the Versitile Blogger Award on my blog! Please check it out and I hope you accept!
    Sam

    http://samtheknitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Is it our obsessions that make us creative or the other way round? Would love to see some of your stories : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely, yarn filled day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...